Scholarships are available for PhD and MA Study in Interdisciplinary, Live and Public Art and Public Spheres. These scholarships are announced annually depending on resources.
Research Focus for the scholarships include:
- Interdisciplinary conversations, inclusive of such hybrid forms as site specific performance, mixed media performance, post-dramatic theatre, dance theatre and live (or performance) art.
- Interdisciplinary Study in relation to cultural and socio-political contexts.
- Live Art specifically in South Africa and other parts of the African continent
- Postcolonial imaginaries, The Postcolonial Body and the Body as text and site of contestation
- Publics and the status of the audience.
- The creation of Public Spheres: open access spaces for the creation and reception of creative and performing art events and discourse.